Beef and Chicken Shishkabobs Recipe
Here's a nice simple but delicious recipe for out on the grill or over an open campfire. I have used several different types of meats, vegetables and fruits for this one and all of them have turned out delicious!
Serves 4 adults
- 1 lb of beef steak cut into cubes (any cut of your choice)
- 1 lb of boneless chicken cut into cubes
- Any vegetable or fruit of your choice (I use whole fresh mushrooms and/or fresh cut pineapple (my favorite!))
- 1 cup of Italian Salad Dressing
- Bamboo Shishkabob sticks
- 1 gallon size ziploc bag
The size you want to cut the meat cubes in depends on how you like your meat. The chicken of course needs to be done all the way through. Your steak depends on how you like it. Example: If you want your steak rare, cut the steak into larger pieces and your chicken into smaller pieces. Once you have your meat cut, put them into the ziploc bag with the Italian salad dressing and let it marinate for at least 10-15 minutes. It can definitely stay longer or even over night. Once they are done marinating, alternate your steak, chicken and/or fruits and vegetables on the bamboo shishkabob sticks. Grill over low to medium heat until chicken pieces are done. You will know they are done when you can cut open a piece of chicken and no longer see any pink. Sticks will be hot, so be sure to use an oven mit or tongs to put them onto a plate or pan to serve.
This recipe has turned out great every time!
Here are some of the different ways I have made this recipe.
- Use venison, elk or any wild game for the beef.
- Grilled pineapple is one of my favorites and goes GREAT with the italian salad dressing. It gives a sweet and sour flavor. I usually alternate the pineapple and chicken, skipping the beef all together. But it's great with any meat.
- Use pork. Just make sure it's cooked all the way through, no pink in the center.
- Any vegetable works great; fresh mushrooms, green peppers, pearl onions, etc.