Beef Foil Dinner Recipe
Easy clean up is the advantage to this recipe. This one is good for at home in the oven or good for on a campfire or grill. It is also one you can modify to your tastes. Have fun with it and see how many ideas you can come up with. Even the kids have fun helping put this one together.
Serves 4 adults (if you have large eaters in your household, increase the recipe. I have to double it to feed my family of five.)
- 1 lb. Ground Beef or 4 frozen Hamburger Patties
- Package of Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 Thin sliced carrots or 8-12 baby carrots cut thinly
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Chopped Onion
- Seasoning to Taste (I use Mrs. Dash and Seasoned Pepper)
Make a double layer of aluminum foil, approximately 12-14 inches in length. Spray lightly with spray oil. Lay down one small handful of frozen hashbrowns onto the center of the foil, sprinkle lightly with chopped onion, top with chopped or shredded carrots. Next lay down the hamburger patty, season with your favorite seasonings. Top with more hashbrowns, onions and carrots. Put one large spoonful of soup on top. Fold the aluminum foil and crese the seams so juice doesn't leak out and make a huge mess. Repeat process for each hamburger patty made. Bake each foil wrapped meal at 350 degrees until hamburger is done and vegetables are tender, approximately 45-60 minutes.
Be careful when unwrapping the foil because steam will roll out and can seriously burn!
Again, this is a recipe that has endless variations to it. See how many you can come up with and then come back and share your results with us! We always love new ideas! Here are a few ways we have changed it.
- Use boneless chicken breasts and cream of chicken soup.
- Use cubed steak or round steak.
- Add some shredded cheese on top of the hamburger patty.
- Use green beans instead of carrots.
- Shred a few potatoes if you don't have frozen hash browns.
- Add a can of mushrooms.
- Sprinkle some fried onions on top instead of using chopped onions.